The Dance program is open to Adults and Youth (completed Grade 6 and above) participants.
Placement for the Dance Morning Rehearsal Track
Dance placements will occur from 3-5 p.m. on Sunday afternoon in Kern 100. Dancers should come during this period for placement in the appropriate group. The final decision on placement is left up to the discretion of the dance instructors. Remember that all are welcome to come and explore the joy of dance.
The first dance rehearsal will be at 6:15 p.m. in the Stuart Rehearsal Room. Please wear either a black or white dance ensemble to this rehearsal for participation in the worship service that follows immediately.
Afternoon dance seminars
Some seminars are designed for beginners and others are for dancers with training. Please read the class and seminar descriptions to make your class selections. We offer dance classes for all levels.
What do I need to bring?
Dance Attire for Rehearsals and Seminars
- We recommend comfortable clothes that allow movement – Jazz pants, capris or gaucho pants, dance or liturgical skirts, tank tops, shirts or leotards (2-inch strap or wider). Many of these items may be purchased in your local thrift shop or at your local dance apparel store. Keep in mind the nature of the event and choose items that are more modest than what you might wear to a secular dance training event.
- Also, consider wearing a cover up (skirt, dress, pants, shorts, capri, gauchos) over leotards when leaving class.
- If you don’t have these items, come and dance in whatever loose-fitting clothes you have.
- Barefoot is fine, but, if you prefer, bring lyrical shoes/Danceundeez/Dance Paws, etc. to protect your feet. If you would like to purchase a pair of dance shoes in advance, Discount Dance Supply is a great source for affordable dance shoes.
Concert Attire (Thursday afternoon)
- Bring a black ensemble and white ensemble if possible.
- Examples: White/black pants and shirts and colorful shirts, dance dresses, leotards, skirts (not sheer) loose pants, palazzo pants, gauchos, dance tights or leggings.
- The stage is raised; therefore leggings, tights, gauchos or palazzo pants should be worn under dresses and skirts for all performances. No shorts for performance, please.
- If you do not own any of these things, we will try to help you find something to wear for the dance concert.
Contact Regina Girten at firstname.lastname@example.org.