Youth having completed Grade 6 or Grade 7 through Grade 12 may participate in the youth ensembles. All Youth should attend the following rehearsals:
- Sunday: 6:15-7:15 p.m.
- Monday-Thursday: 10:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Monday-Wednesday: 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Closing Concert (Thursday): 7:30 p.m.
- Middle High Choir — completed Grade 6 or 7 through completed Grade 8
- Senior High Choir — completed Grade 9 through completed Grade 12
Youth must be registered for the appropriate grade level ensemble. We have contracted with clinicians for specific grade levels, and we must honor those contracts.
In many places, sixth graders are enrolled in Middle School, but not all are ready vocally or socially for the Middle High Choir. Some prefer to spend another year in the Children’s Choir or DRUM program. The parent and/or choir director can make the best decision about these participants.
Youth Talent Show
This annual event will be held on Tuesday evening. Auditions for the Talent Show will be Monday afternoon. Results will be posted later Monday evening.
Please note the following guidelines related to the Talent Show:
- Performers must be enrolled as a Youth registrant in either the Middle or Senior High Choir. (Children will participate in a Talent Rotation in their afternoon program.)
- Time limit for all acts is 3.5 minutes.
- Each youth may appear on the stage only once as a featured performer. He/she may appear as a soloist or as part of an ensemble, but not both. Exceptions include youth who accompany another act.
- No more than three (3) acts per church may audition.
- Songs are to be accompanied (live or recorded) unless they are designed to be sung a cappella.
- All acts will be auditioned before the show.
What do I need to bring?
- Please bring a black concert folder with you. (A very limited number of folders will be available for purchase at the event.)
- Concert Attire (Thursday evening)
- Long pants (no shorts) or dresses/skirts (reasonable length) are appreciated.